Serving on the board is fun and rewarding!
Board members work to maintain and develop a diverse array of dance opportunities for social dancers and competitors now and in the future. It’s a great way to get to know your fellow dancers better and learn more about what’s going on in our dance community. The board meets quarterly, normally on scheduled Saturdays at 10am.
We will be looking for new board members soon for 2024, and are especially interested in those who have an interest in the Treasurer position. Contact Laurel Preston for more information.
Other ways you can help
- We’re looking for a few more folks to join our Quest for the Best Organizing Committee. This is an especially rewarding position, as we have a large body of youth who really benefits from this competition series to maintain their interest. It nurtures our dance future. Contact the organizers for more information or to answer questions.
- There are a wide variety of tasks related to our competitions that we need help with as we strive to expand and rotate our volunteer pool, so there is bound to be something that will be the right fit for you. Everything from registering competitors, taking tickets, set up/take down, food management, deck captain and many more. Contact the organizers for more information.
- We are looking for a new Membership chair. This position is less involved than before, as joins/renewals are done by members themselves on the National website. Associated tasks are: updating our chapter’s emailer mailing list to match latest membership records from National, reminding expired competitors to renew before the next Quest competition and possibly sending welcome emails to new members. The Membership chair position has normally been enjoyed and held long term by our previous chairs, as it’s been a great way to get to know fellow dancers without being very demanding. Contact Laurel Preston for info.
- Are you a good writer? We could use your skills to report on current dance events for our website and draft text for letters, brochures or ads. Contact Laurel Preston for info.
- Take photos for web articles or other promotional use. Contact Laurel Preston for info.