Serving on the board is fun and rewarding!
Board members work to maintain and develop a diverse array of dance opportunities for social dancers and competitors now and in the future. It’s a great way to get to know your fellow dancers better and learn more about what’s going on in our dance community. The board meets monthly, normally on the third Monday at 7pm. We have one opening available and we invite you to contact Laurel Preston for more information.
Other ways you can help
- We’re looking for at least one and probably two or persons that could share organizing of our Quest competitions. The current organizers would work with you get up to speed and would be available for limited assistance afterward. This is an especially rewarding position, as we have a large body of youth who really benefits from this competition series to maintain their interest. It nurtures our dance future. Contact the organizers for more information or to answer questions.
- There are a wide variety of tasks related to our competitions that we need help with as we strive to expand and rotate our volunteer pool, so there is bound to be something that will be the right fit for you. Everything from registering competitors, taking tickets, set up/take down, food management, deck captain, program prep and many more. Contact the organizers for more information.
- We are looking for a new Membership chair. This position is less involved than before, as joins/renewals are done by members themselves on the National website. Associated tasks are: updating our chapter’s emailer mailing list to match latest membership records from National, reminding expired competitors to renew before the next Quest competition and possibly sending welcome emails to new members. The Membership chair position has normally been enjoyed and held long term by our previous chairs, as it’s been a great way to get to know fellow dancers without being very demanding. Contact Laurel Preston for info.
- Are you a good writer? We could use your skills to report on current dance events for our website and draft text for letters, brochures or ads. Contact Laurel Preston for info.
- Take photos for web articles or other promotional use. Contact Laurel Preston for info.
- Help out with National Ballroom Dance Week…planning, demos, etc. This is our biggest outreach event of the year in September and has great potential to expose more people to dancing and to our organization. We have done this in shopping malls, Seattle Center and a wide number of dance studios. This year we’re considering the idea of trying to reach those that have already indicated a small interest in dancing and expose them to new dance experiences. We’ll keep experimenting with new ideas each year and can use more folks on the committee to plan and carry off the event.